Flinty & Textural
It’s a deliciously textural wine that offers an array of orchid fruits; preserved lemons, pears & quince with top notes of white flowers, and flinty/wet stone characters. The black sandy soils situated in these cooler parts of South Gippsland give depth, structure and power to this chardonnay.
Drink now or cellar for 5-10 years.
‘Bright lemon/straw colour, sea spray/oyster shell, pear & quince with a flinty/mineral core driving the palate. A textural wine, that builds in the glass, grilled hazelnut, with fine-boned acidity weaving throughout.’
Bass River Winery - Glen Forbes, South Gippsland
- South-east aspect, rows run north to south
- Fertile, black sandy soils with subsurface over cemented sands (coffee rock)
- Vineyard planted in 1998
- 50% Whole bunch pressed to tank for settling, then racked to a neutral puncheon for fermentation
- 50% de-stemmed & fermented on skins for 7 days, then pressed into a new Stockinger Puncheon to finish fermentation
- Zero Malo-lactic fermentation
- Lees stirred, then racked prior to bottling
Free shipping is included on six bottles or more Australia wide (excluding remote and outback areas).
If you’d like to order less than six bottles there is a flat rate or $15 Australia wide (excluding remote and outback areas).